Man Hospitalized After Burning Ballsack With Hair Cream For First Date

TAGGED: | |
Man Hospitalized After Burning Ballsack With Hair Cream For First Date

Preparing for a first date can be a nerve-wracking experience. There’s only one chance to make a good first impression, and people pull out all the stops. But for one guy in England, the desire to have a smooth swimsuit area landed him in the hospital.

26 year old William Bishop, of Gloucestershire, was getting ready to take a woman out for the first time when he made a poor decision. He took a tube of Veet hair removal cream, which is typically used for legs, chests and other less sensitive areas, and applied it to his groin. Even worse, he lost track of time and left it on his balls for twice the length that the instructions mandated.

Veet contains the chemicals thioglycolic acid and potassium hydroxide, which react with each other to form potassium thioglycolate. That substance weakens the keratin bonds in hair, causing it to dissolve at the root and fall out. The end result is, ideally, smooth and silky skin for your first date.

Bishop’s application cleared his pubes off, and he noticed a little soreness afterwards, but it didn’t stop him from enjoying his evening out. Two days later, though, he started paying the price for his poor decision. Huge blisters erupted all over his private parts, becoming so violent that they tore clean through the skin of his scrotum. He rushed to the hospital, where they kept him for weeks treating his severe chemical burns.

He told the press “For two weeks now, I’ve been in the hospital burns unit. It’s been extremely painful because of where it is. I can barely walk, sleep, or sit. Hospital staff have been treating the wound, and done everything they can to minimise infection – though it’s still pretty bad.”

Let this – and the gruesome photos at the link below – be a warning to you. No first date is worth mangling your ballsack.

Read more at The Mirror.